The upcoming years in the state are going to be very important for health and medical services as well as education in Jammu region. While on one hand preparations are on for opening five new medical colleges, the work of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences at Vijaypur, Jammu has already started.
Here’s all you need to know:
- Each AIIMS will have 100 seats for MBBS aspirants each year.
- AIIMS Jammu will be operational from the year 2023.
- Another 3 medical colleges will soon come up at Doda, Rajouri and Kathua districts of Jammu region.
- Classes are expected to begin from this year itself, in these colleges. To further facilitate these medical colleges, the number of beds has also been increased from 100 to 300 beds.
- Other machinery and equipment is also being purchased for these medical colleges. Moreover, staff is also being hired for them.
- Another ambitious project, Jammu Cancer Institute is also coming up very soon. The project will soon realise at a cost of Rs 120 crore.
Read also: Things to know about biggest sewage project of J&K
Here are vital stats of Jammu AIIMS:
- 1954 kanal land
- 750 beds
- 30 trauma beds
- 75 ICU beds
- 16 operation theatres
- 60 BSc Nursing seats
- Expenditure of Rs 1661 crores
[With inputs from online reports]