Nomination process for urban local bodies election in Jammu and Kashmir has finished. Here is interesting data to emerge from the process:
- Jammu region has total 534 Wards where total Nominations filed 2136 out of it 13 remain uncontested and total contestants in fray are 2123 which makes 4 per ward.
- Jammu Municipal Corporation has a whopping 447 candidates in fray.
- In 7 other municipal committees of the district, 294 candidates are trying their luck.
- Rajouri district has 178 candidates in 5 urban local bodies.
- District Poonch has 2 ULBs, for which 85 candidates are competing.
- Kathua has 6 ULBs and 368 candidates fighting.
- Udhampur has 172 candidates for 3 ULBs.
- In Kishtwar, 53 candidates are in race in one municipal body.
- Doda has 3 ULBs, vying for which are 115 candidates.
- There are 61 candidates contesting in 3 different ULBs.
- District Reasi has only 2 Municipal Committees and 96 candidates are in fray.
In other news,215 wards are going uncontested in Kashmir, while the number is 13 in Jammu region. The uncontested wards are: 4 each in Rajouri-Poonch, 3 in Ramban and 1 each in Jammu-Kathua.
Political weather is bearable Ladakh region, where both the Municipal Committees are witnessing active participation; with 37 candidates in Kargil and 29 in Leh, for 13 wards each.
[Inputs from online reports]